"Let me lick my snot off, and then I'll kiss you."
Lizzie: "Daddy, will you get me some milk?"
Me: "I'll get it, Lizzie."
Lizzie: "You're not Daddy."
"Where did the kangaroo go?" (In reference to Grandma wearing her parka)
"Daddy, will you turn off the light?" (of course, that light being from the sun, which had the nerve to shine in her face while she tried to nap in the car).
"Mommy, look what I can do!" (followed by grabbing the corners of her mouth and pulling it into a grotesque grin--I think she learned that from The Nightmare Before Christmas, which is one of her favorite movies).
"I stole your spot!" (she lives for lying in wait to leap into our seats on the sofa when we move).
"Utah said, dang it!" (Yeah--she thinks Utah is a person. Utah says and does many things on a regular basis).
Lizzie: "Mommy, can I stack my tea-set?
Me: "No, Lizzie, you know that chips the plates when you do that."
Lizzie: (pausing to weigh her options) "...Mommy, will you go out of the room?"
And some quotes I've posted on Facebook over the past few months, but that deserve repeating:
"I'm not smart--I'm a genius!"
Me: "Should we put the little girl to bed, Case?"
Lizzie: "No way, Mary! Put Daddy to bed!"
"Gaston, can I have my book please." (not a question--a Beauty & the Beast inspired command when Case put her bedtime story away)
Oh, and below is a picture of her in her Cinderella Halloween costume. Little late on that... but what's new? :)
What a doll! She is beautiful and smart and witty just like her momma!
ReplyDeleteYou're so sweet, Alea! Your little beauties are so precious, too! Let me know if you guys ever come down here, because I'm dying to see these little girls together (and to see you, too!)
ReplyDelete