Truth: I'm already one incredibly sappy mommy. You know the type: the ones that cry when their children first say, "I love you." The ones that despair when their children grow out of yet another shoe size. The ones that fall apart when they say good-bye to their kindergarten-bound children for the first time. (And she's not even in kindergarten yet--it's the anticipation of the event. I wish I were kidding...). The thing is, I always grew up swearing I would never be that weepy, emotional type--but I suppose that's just exactly why things have turned out the way they have. I am working on becoming a bit more resilient to the changes that come as Lizzie reaches new mile stones. After all, her growth is what it's all about!
That being said, I feel strongly that my overflowing emotions are a blessing (even if Case keeps making me promise that I won't make a scene at things like the first day of kindergarten). Below is a list born of those tender feelings for my daughter.
15 Reasons I Adore Lizzie:
#1: Her big, brown eyes
#2: Her deep compassion for others. (When I was sick yesterday, she asked me with great concern, "Are you being better yet?")
#3: Her boundless curiosity. (She's constantly asking a stream of questions, especially when we're outside!)
#4: Her 100% pure love of the color pink (And I don't even like that color myself! Such an interesting phenomenon).
#5: Her silliness. (especially when it comes to playing with our dog)!
#6: Her imagination! (She woke up from her nap today telling me, "I was just talking to the frog, Prince Navine.")
#7: Her sassy-ness. (She's back to calling us Case & Mary again...)
#8: Her love of Disney movies, and of acting them out (She's Princess Aurora every time she wears that dress).
#9: Her astonishing memory--in matching games, in movie scripts, in conversations, in locations we haven't visited in over a year....
#10: Her girly-ness (yes, that is nail polish on her fingers, and no, I don't like wearing nail polish myself. Again, another unexplainable phenomenon).
#11: Her good nature--she is so quick to love and forgive!
#12: Her dramatic tendencies. :)
#13: Her adorably messy curls!
That being said, I feel strongly that my overflowing emotions are a blessing (even if Case keeps making me promise that I won't make a scene at things like the first day of kindergarten). Below is a list born of those tender feelings for my daughter.
15 Reasons I Adore Lizzie:
#1: Her big, brown eyes
#2: Her deep compassion for others. (When I was sick yesterday, she asked me with great concern, "Are you being better yet?")
#3: Her boundless curiosity. (She's constantly asking a stream of questions, especially when we're outside!)
#4: Her 100% pure love of the color pink (And I don't even like that color myself! Such an interesting phenomenon).
#5: Her silliness. (especially when it comes to playing with our dog)!
#6: Her imagination! (She woke up from her nap today telling me, "I was just talking to the frog, Prince Navine.")
#7: Her sassy-ness. (She's back to calling us Case & Mary again...)
#8: Her love of Disney movies, and of acting them out (She's Princess Aurora every time she wears that dress).
#9: Her astonishing memory--in matching games, in movie scripts, in conversations, in locations we haven't visited in over a year....
#10: Her girly-ness (yes, that is nail polish on her fingers, and no, I don't like wearing nail polish myself. Again, another unexplainable phenomenon).
#11: Her good nature--she is so quick to love and forgive!
#12: Her dramatic tendencies. :)
#13: Her adorably messy curls!
#14: Her singing--we have yet to encounter a genre of music with which she does not like to sing along!
#15: Her heart-melting smile.
Haven't been on your blog in a loooooong time. What a treat! This little doll of yours has won my heart. I love the way you are raising her. It seems to me you mostly wonder and delight in the person she is. xoxo, Mom
ReplyDelete