
On Saturday, we went on a family outing to Pioneer Park, which not only is just a few blocks away from our house, but hosts a farmer's market every Saturday in the summer! I loved watching Lizzie explore the playground there. She's getting good at those steps!

She wasn't sure what it was, but she knew that kid was doing it!

I love the legs up in resistance!

She laid in stunned surprise for quite a while at the bottom.

...but she survived.

and then wanted to go back up it!


I loved watching her try! It seemed easier for her when I took off her shoes so she could pad her way up. She is always more sure of herself in bare feet!

I tried to get her to go down on her tummy, but she just clung for dear life.


Frustration mounted until I pried her loose, and slid down with her on my lap.

Despite how much she enjoyed the slide, she kept grabbing my hand and leading me to the swing set. We had to wait for some time, however, since on a crowded, sunny Saturday, they were all occupied. Any wait is worth that smile, though!

Tired!! She propped her chin for a while, just enjoying the wind whip past her face.

Swings were always my favorite, too. As timid as Lizzie is about many things new and unknown, I was delighted knowing she, also, loves the weightless thrill and simple pleasure of a swing.
She is super cute! I love the pictures where she's got her fingers in the playground strugling to get up the slide.
ReplyDelete-David (not Sadie)
I love the pictures of Lizzie. Carson loves to climb back up the slide too. Yesterday, he climbed up the big twisty slide. He doesn't mind going back down on his tummy though. Thanks for posting the pictures of Maci on our blog too. I love them, and you are so sweet and thoughtful!
ReplyDelete